Friday 27 April 2007

Cook

These little fellas are Afghans. My best friend from school, Nicky, lived with her Grandma who, had the most fantastic little store room piled high with plastic ice cream containers. In these containers were the best biscuits and cakes you ever tasted (especially when you had just got home from school and were starving).
Afghans were one of her recipes and they are so easy to make. They only have one draw back ... they only last about 2 hours!!! Especially with 7 people in the house {lol}.

I left school in 1980 and unfortunately Gag (I know, weird name, but that's what everyone called her) has since died but I'm very pleased to say, even though Nicky & I live 300 miles apart, we still keep in touch.

11 comments:

Linda said...

oooh lovely photos, and I especially love the starry border! O am still trying to work out how to do that! Thanks for the tag, I'll get around to it at the weekend.

Unknown said...

Oh golly how yummy do they look! Im in awe of anyone that does 'proper cooking' LOL :o) x

Marjolein said...

Don't see pictures......just a red X.......... :-((((

Jolanda said...

Looks really yummy!!

Andrew said...

It really should be compulsary that anyone taking pics of biscuits looking THAT good should courier some to all taking part in the her space fun! Great photo, and love the 'busy' prompt. Keep it up!

Ax

Anonymous said...

:-( I can't see your piccies either just red squares... will pop back later.

Tammy said...

I truly enjoyed all of your photos... Thanks for sharing!

pokettiger said...

Great job! The borders add such a fun festive touch. Now if only we were able to taste them....mmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Oooh no, food! They're super photos, and the story behind them is lovely too. I'm sure I can smell them you know...

Aubrey Harns said...

Vanda these look so tasty!!! Great pictures - love your borders too.
Aubrey

Anonymous said...

oooh I'm not surprised they don't last long... I would probably eat them all myself lol