Wednesday 22 August 2007

Friend

I've got lots of friends here, not particularly the ones you can have round for a coffee and cry on their shoulder but friends enough to go out with.

My best friend from school, Nicky, lives in Leeds so we have lost touch a bit and only really send birthday & Christmas cards.

My bestest friend ever though lives in Nottingham. This can be a problem living on the Isle of Wight especially when your bestest friend is moving and the only means of communication is by mobile phone or snail mail! We manage though :O) She is an amazing person and I have never realised, until today, the lack of photographic evidence of her. Thanks Anita, I must put that right :O) Teresa & I "found" each other whilst we were tracing our family history (my Dad & her X husband were cousins ~ long story). And the rest, as they say, is history :O) Teresa is one amazing lady, her wonderful husband was cheating on her whilst she was at home looking after 3 small boys and recovering from a brain tumour!! Does she moan, no! Her brain tumour unfortunately came back and she had to have a second operation. The tumour grew behind her eye socket which made her eye protrude and eventually she lost the sight in that eye. Does she moan, no!! She makes fun of herself and gets on with life. If you ask her a question which she doesn't know the answer to, she laughs and says "I've no 'eye' dear ~ d'ya get it"!!! I tell ya, she never moans, what a woman!!!

Good news though, she's found herself a new man who worships her and on Valentines day this year, he proposed with a poem he'd written inside her Valentine card ~ aww.

13 comments:

anita said...

great photo for todays promt...and my photo was taken in manchester city centre!
anita
x

Maaike said...

what a lovely picture !

Sue said...

Vanda what a moving story and so glad that it has a happy ending.

I too have few photos of my friends and this is something I must try to rectify.

Thanks for your comments on my blog.

Bye for now . . . Sue

Caz said...

what an awesome friend! Love your wet pic too :)

Lima said...

She sounds like a wonderful lady and grr to cheating husbands, glad to hear she has somebody worth it now.

Lxx

This Teacher said...

Awww that's lovely, she sounds amazing. Hope she's really happy with her new husband-to-be.

Hazel said...

Awwww - great photo!

Joy said...

Sounds like she is an awesome lady and you are blessed to have her in your life!

Unknown said...

A lovely photo and a lovely friend :o) x

All of my Todays said...

What a great lady and a lovely picture.
Rach
x

Elena said...

what a lovely photo mum. in 31 on bloxorz

Terrie Farrell said...

Isn't it lovely to hear about peoples friends? Well done and a lovely story too. X

pokettiger said...

Wonderful story. She sounds like an amazing woman.