Monday 20 August 2007

Plant

This is my Wax Plant, I love it because it's so unusual :O) This is the 2nd time it's flowered this year. It has has very thick waxy leaves and the flowers almost look as if they've been made from fur! I want to dedicate my photos today to my American blogging friend Vicky. She's been leaving comments on my main blog, Vanda's Ramblings for months now and I've been trying to persuade her to join in the fun that is HS:MS. Sadly she passed away this week. She was only 50 and worked in an intensive care unit in Ohio. I'll miss her very much X

16 comments:

Terrie Farrell said...

Lovely dedication for a lovely photo, well done X

Maaike said...

this plant was my fathers biggest pride.
lovely

Angela said...

I love that funny little plant so much, I remember the photo you posted before of it.

Sorry about the loss of your friend Vanda.

Joshua said...

Wow! They look like little white stars!

Lima said...

Sorry to hear your sad news Vanda.

Still love this plant!

Lxx

Sue said...

I don't think I have seen this plant before. The two shots are lovely.

So sorry that your friend has passed on and so thoughtful of you to dedicate your photos to her.

Sue

Andrew said...

Smashing photos, Vanda.

So sorry to hear of your friend.
Ax

Diana said...

Oh I have a hoya (wax plant ) at ome and I just love it. Yours is smashing and a great shot

Joy said...

Lovely plant!
Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Nat said...

Beautiful photos and lovely dedication, so sorry to hear your sad news xxx

Kate said...

great pics of a lovely plant.:-)

Olivia said...

I was really sad when I read about your friend. That's a really nice thing to dedicate this photo to her.

Fiona said...

What a gorgeous plant :D And i like your Can from yesterday too.

pokettiger said...

Oooooooh this is so lovely! Gorgeous colors and such a sweet grouping.

Unknown said...

Lovely plant, very photogenic. Is that speelt rite, it dusnt luc it? More hugs for you ((((((hugs))

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. What a loss at such a young age.
I'm so glad you posted the name of that plant. I took a picture of one while in San Francisco and absolutely loved the flowers, but had no idea what they were called. Aren't they just the prettiest things?